Bromley Chain is a charity set up by parents of deaf children in Bromley and is run by both deaf and hearing members working together to support Deaf and hard of hearing people living, studying or working in Bromley.
Our primary concern is to safeguard the interests of deaf and hard of hearing people of all ages within the borough.
Who are our members?
- Hard of hearing
- Tinnitus sufferers
We also provide support for
- Deaf Access
- Bromley Deaf Social Club
- Bromley Deaf Children's Society
- Primary Specialist Provision for Deaf and Hearing Impaired Children, based at Griffins
- Deaf Centre Secondary Provision, based at Darrick Wood Secondary School
- Produce twice-yearly newsletter, Chainmail
- Liaise with Bromley Council
- Monitor local services
- Campaign for local deaf issues
- Involve National Deaf organisations
- Provide information about local services for Deaf people
- Administer the Phyllis Kither Bequest (grants and funding to support study or projects for people living, studying or working in the LBB, which meet the criteria). Applicants should apply as soon as possible as it takes 6 to 8 weeks to process applications.